homemade faster: the housewife disaster

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I needed that...



Do you ever feel like the world is working against you?  I do.  Often actually.  No matter how hard I try it seems to be that it will never be hard enough.  I've resolved to the fact that life is tough and I need to just get used to it.  Hahaha....

 I use laughter and funny jokes to try and tolerate and manage stresses.

 I tell those that I love "I love you" all the time because I do and I need to hear it back.

  I steal hugs and kisses from my kids because I secretly think that children have a "crack-like" substance that is emitted from their skin, hair, and breath that I am addicted to.

 I clean my house because it distracts me from dealing with things and it's so productive. 

I listen to music to imagine I'm a different person with a different life who is carefree and beautiful and a really good dancer!! Lol

 I love to make things like soup, art, cookies, and Pinterest boards.

 I thank God for all the lessons I've learned the hard way.  And the lessons I've learned in a way that just wasn't fair....  I say thank you to Him.

 I pray for strangers and for the stories I read about of the people I see in distress. I just want to help, sincerely, but feel helpless (do you ever feel like that?  Helpless to those that need a meal now or a place to stay now or a government to
give a crap about them now?)


Reading what I've wrote it sounds like I'm ungrateful.  Or that I need to just suck it up.  But my life isn't what I hoped it would be.  With all the wonderful people in my life and there are lots of them, I still feel stressed, stretched, overwhelmed, overworked, and alone...Not everyday but still.....

If you can relate then I'm sure you will appreciate this print.  I was busy with a little web research on a couple of vintage paint-by-numbers that I picked up in a thrift store for dirt cheap.  Even though they were $3.50 a piece, I needed to justify them.  So I was attempting to see what I might expect to get from these beautiful paintings of roses if I ebayed them (hypothetically).

 Enter Jen Renninger's print from her Etsy shop: Pleasebestill.

Thanks Jen.  You may not know it but you made all the difference for me, right now!












           
Here is a pic of the 2 paintings that I nabbed.....
 
Your heart's singing right now isn't it?

              

                                                               marina found at highstreetmarket.blogspot.ca





                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment