homemade faster: the housewife disaster

Friday, May 18, 2012

Lighting: the DIY way

 ideas that are inspiring me

I believe that an amazing room can be out of control amazing with a great light. Ceiling fixtures, lamps, and light boxes give your personal space loads of personality and obviously provide function.

In an effort to save money I have decided to do a little do-it-yourself on light fixtures for the 3 boys rooms that my husband and I are redoing.  One room is small while the other two are even smaller.  So to distract the eye from the obvious negative I want to focus on the positive: light!
I was looking for some inspiration and I found it in  blogland.  Check out these lights.  They seem easy enough, inexpensive, and most important, beautiful.

Also consider finding vintage fixtures online or at thrift shops and yard sales and have them rewired (I'd do it myself but maybe you wouldn't :b)




 
this website has a great how-to.  I think I'd do this in turquoise....no orange...wait olive (you get picture)
vintagerevivals.com


 Restoration Hardware pendants that start at $350.  I love them but hate the price
restorationhardware.com








definitely harder than glue and string



Maybe not for a small kids room but I had to include it...cuz it's fly


this is so easy.  I really have no excuse











No comments:

Post a Comment